Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System
Student Assessment Update: April 6, 2016
Customer Service Contacts for Spring 2016 Test Administrations
Logistics and Administration Support
MCAS Service Center
PARCC Support Center
Policy Questions (MCAS and PARCC)
Student Assessment Services
Latest Updates from Student Assessment Services
Reminder to Register for PARCC "Office Hours"
To help prepare schools for the upcoming PARCC test administration window, Department staff will be holding conference call "office hour" sessions on April 8 and April 25. See attachment for details.
The 2016 Guidelines for Scoring Student Portfolios are now available. MCAS-Alt results will be available in Dropbox Central in mid-June. MCAS-Alt score appeals must be submitted electronically by 5 p.m. on June 24.
Draft 2016-2017 Test Administration Schedule for Comment
We are pleased to provide draft 2016-2017 testing dates for comment . The schedules are based on input from the MCAS 2.0 test administration work group. Comments can be submitted as instructed on the attachment.
Inventorying PARCC Paper-based Test Materials
Schools administering PARCC paper-based tests on April 25 (the first day back after April vacation week) may be excused from only opening secure test materials two days before administration. This exception is granted for the sole purpose of adhering labels, inventorying materials, and storing them for testing in secure, locked, central storage.
PARCC Materials Delivery and Additional Orders
PARCC materials are scheduled to arrive by Monday, April 11. As you receive your materials, please remember to inventory and track all secure materials on a Chain-of-Custody form. Secure materials include test booklets, answer documents, human reader scripts, large print kits, and Braille kits.
The window for ordering additional materials through PearsonAccessNext opens on April 11. If you need to place an additional order for test materials, please keep the following in mind:
- Kits come with all materials needed to test the student and you do not need to order additional answer documents or test booklets.
- If you are ordering additional mathematics test booklets, you will also need to order the corresponding math tools (i.e., rulers, protractors and/or reference sheets).
- Please make sure that you order the corresponding return materials (UPS scorable labels, UPS non-scorable labels, scorable and nonscorable colored labels, header sheets paper bands, etc.).
If you find any errors in your shipment of materials, please contact Pearson's PARCC Customer Support Center: 1-888-493-9888 (open Monday through Friday, 5:30am to 6:30pm CT) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 28–April 12: March–April 2016 MCAS English Language Arts tests (grades 3–8)
- April 11: PARCC Additional Materials Order window opens
- April 11: PARCC ProctorCaching available
- April 11: PARCC initial materials orders due in districts
- April 12: Deadline to notify the MCAS Service Center of any questions about the accuracy of student data for the February 2016 Biology test.
- April 12: Interactive reports from the February 2016 Biology test administration are scheduled to be available in Edwin Analytics.
- April 25–May 27: PARCC administration window for paper-based testing (PBT)
- April 25–June 6: PARCC administration window for computer-based testing (PBT)
Guidance for Testing Transfer Students
Spring 2016 MCAS Test Administrator Manuals
PARCC 2016 Training Session Materials
Principals, MCAS test coordinators, PARCC test coordinators, special education directors, and ELL directors receive this update based on contact information submitted to the Department. To change your email address or to add another staff member, please follow the instructions below:
- Public school districts, public schools, charter public schools, collaboratives, approved private special education schools: submit the new email address to your District-Level Directory Administrator.
- Test sites, adult education programs, out-of-state schools, SEIS-DYS programs: go online to the EOE Information Technology web page (select "District/School Information Update" as the subject) to submit your update (be sure to include your District and School Code).
We welcome your feedback at email@example.com.