FY2018 Assurances for Grants
|To:||Superintendents and Charter School Leaders|
|From:||Jeff Wulfson, Acting Commissioner of Elementary and Secondary Education|
|Date:||July 11, 2017|
Enclosed is the FY2018 Grant Assurances Document that covers the requirements for the following programs:
Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965 as amended by P. L. 107-110 and Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)*
- Title I, Part A: Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged
- Title II, Part A: Improving Educator Quality
- Title III: English Language Acquisition and Academic Achievement Program for Limited English Proficient Students
- *See footnote 1 on FY2018 Grant Assurances document
Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA): 20 U.S.C. 1400 et seq.
- Part B: Entitlement and Discretionary Preschool and School-Age Programs
Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006 P.L. 109-270 (Perkins IV)
In order to receive funds from ESEA, IDEA, and Perkins, applicants must sign the document where indicated and submit it to the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education by Friday, July 28, 2017.
Email a signed pdf copy of this entire 15-page document to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with FY18 SOA in the subject line
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.