HSE Specialist Job Opportunity- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Adult and Community Learning Services (ACLS)
HSE Specialist Job Opportunity
ACLS is looking to recruit a talented and dynamic educator to join the ACLS team as an Educational Specialist C. The High School Equivalency (HSE) Specialist will oversee the HSE Test Centers throughout the state and provide technical assistance, information, and direct resources to all HSE Test Centers' staff members. This requisition will remain open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days of the position posting on September 20, 2017.
The successful candidate will also perform the following duties:
- Coordinate communication to HSE Test Centers regarding changes, updates and professional development information provided by HiSET®, GED® and the HSE Office;
- Oversee the Adult Diploma Program (ADP) funded through ACLS;
- Work with vendors to oversee the implementation of the High School Equivalency (HSE) assessments in Massachusetts;
- Recommend HSE policies or policy revisions as needed;
- Ensure effective communication within the adult education field;
- Support HSE examinees/graduates;
- Organize and facilitate biannual Chief Examiners meetings to ensure coordination among the ACLS office, HiSET®, GED® vendors and test centers;
- Convene the HSE advisory workgroup to advise ACLS on HSE testing in Massachusetts;
- Support and engage in the work of the Adult and Community Learning Services Unit (e.g., participate in the open and competitive Request for Proposals (RFP) review process);
- Develop Request for Review (RFRs) for high school equivalency (HSE) assessments and issuance of HSE diplomas; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Based on assignment, travel throughout the Commonwealth is required.
Individuals representing diverse communities and students who have been historically underserved by the educational system are encouraged to apply.
For more information and to apply, visit the High School Equivalency (HSE) Specialist posting.