Title I / Federal Support Programs
Extension of FY2006 Funds into FY2007
|To:||Title IIA District Contacts|
|From:||Cathy Depradine, Title IIA Contact|
|Date:||October 20, 2006|
Under No Child Left Behind, districts that have applied for funds under Title IIA can extend the fund use period for money received in one fiscal year into the following fiscal year. Thus, districts that have not expended all of their FY06 Title IIA funds by August 31, 2006 can request to extend the use of those funds into FY07.
Please note that the FY06 funds that are extended into FY07 will be treated as a separate FY07 grant and those funds must be expended by August 31, 2007. All FY06 funds that are not expended by August 31, 2006 must be sent back to the Department and an end of year Financial Report Form (FR-1) must be completed and returned by October 31, 2006, as previously informed. While extending funds is an option available to districts for Title IIA, the US Department of Education would like to see funds expended within the year they are granted.
The procedure for districts having any FY06 Title IIA funds that are unexpended and unobligated as of August 31, 2006 is as follows:
- Submitting an end of year Financial Report Form (FR-1) and checks for the unexpended FY06 amounts to the Grants Management Unit at the Department by no later than October 31, 2006.
- Submitting a justification for why funds were not expended during FY06 to your Title contact. There should be justifiable reasons why the funds were not expended.
- You will receive via email a Carryover Grant Application for completion.
- Emailing the Carryover Grant Application and mailing the signed cover sheets to the appropriate title contact. If you are requesting the extension of Title IIA funds, please email Cathy Depradine at email@example.com.
- Completing the steps listed above by Friday, December 1, 2006.
Title IIA Contact for Requesting the Extension of Fund Use
All questions should be directed to:
- Title IIA - Cathy Depradine (781-338-3324; firstname.lastname@example.org)