Group B Direct Diversion Survey Submission
|To:||All Child Nutrition Programs|
|Date:||November 26, 2007|
Schools and Child and Adult Care Centers that want USDA commodities diverted for processed products in school year 2008-2009 must complete the diversion survey online. The Group B diversion survey will be available on line through the DOE's Security Portal the first week in December. Printed requests for the direct diversion surveys will not be accepted.
The direct diversion survey for cheese and peanut butter must be submitted online no later than January 18, 2008.
To estimate how much of each of the donated foods you can expect to receive next year, multiply your program's average daily participation by the pounds per child figure indicated next to each of the donated foods listed. Then, indicate the percentage of this amount that you want to have processed on the line next to the processor(s) you choose.
For specific information regarding finished products made from USDA donated foods, you must contact either the processor or the broker representing them. A list of approved processors in Massachusetts for school year 2007-2008 is available in the Document Library accessible through the DOE security portal. This is the most current list.
The security portal is accessible through the Department of Education's website, www.doe.mass.edu. From there select the Security Portal from the drop down box in the upper right side of the main web page. After entering your user name and password, please select the following:
- Commodity Ordering option on the Main Menu.
- Diversion Survey option from the Commodity Offer menu. The screen will display the survey selection menu for your district.
- Choose the survey from the drop down list and click on the select button.
- The survey screen will allow you to enter percentages of valid commodities for diversion to approved processors. Percentages for each commodity may not exceed 100%.
- When you finish entering your preferences, click Save.
- Click submit to send it to DOE for processing.
- Click the print icon for a hard copy of the survey.
- Note: After a survey is submitted, it may not be changed.
A Quick Reference Guide for completing the surveys is available through the security portal by clicking the following:
- Document and Reference Library
- Click on Child Nutrition Programs Diversion Survey Quick Reference Guide.
Detailed information about the processing program is available at the USDA Food Distribution website at www.fns.usda.gov/fdd/. Click on Commodity Processing in the yellow box on the right side of the page.
If you have any questions, please contact Darlene Wong-Kam at 781-338-6478 or email@example.com or Martha Herlihy at 781-338-6473 or firstname.lastname@example.org.