Register Now! - Administrative and Governance Guide Trainings- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Massachusetts Charter Schools
Register Now! - Administrative and Governance Guide Trainings
A training intended for board members and school leaders has been scheduled in conjunction with the release of a newly-revised Charter School Administrative and Governance Guide . Please choose one of the following trainings (all sessions will present similar information).
- Wednesday, April 16, 4-6 pm at the Department's offices in Malden at 350 Main Street, 3rd floor Board rooms.
- Tuesday, May 6, 4-6 pm at the Worcester Public Library, 3 Salem Square.
- Special Session for Horace Mann Charter Schools: Tuesday, May 13, 4-6 pm at the Department's offices in Malden at 350 Main Street, 3rd floor Board rooms.
There are many new faces in schools and on boards since the trainings were held several years ago. We especially encourage board members to attend. In particular, we encourage participation by new trustees, as well as representatives from schools coming up for renewal in the next year or two to be informed about the various governance items that we will be reviewing as part of the renewal cycle
Topics covered will include:
- The Open Meeting Law (including use of Executive Sessions)
- Teachers/Other Employees serving on boards and recent related State Ethics opinions
- Charter amendment process
- Enrollment/Lottery Issues
- Bylaw requirements
If there are other topics that your board would like to see addressed or governance-related questions that you would like answered during this session, please contact Cliff Chuang at 781-338-3228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, please feel free to call 781-338-3227 if you have questions or email email@example.com.