Save The Date: Statewide Secondary Transition Conference, April 24, 2013, Marlborough
When: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 7:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Where: Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel and Trade Center, Marlborough, MA
Primary Audience: Four-Person Leadership Teams of School Professionals
- Self Determination
- Transition Assessment
- Career Development
- Postsecondary Education and Training
- Family Engagement and Community Collaboration
- Dr. Michael Wehmeyer, Professor of Special Education, University of Kansas; Director, Kansas University Center on Developmental Disabilities; and Associate Director, Beach Center on Disability
- Dr. Thomas Hehir, Silvana and Christopher Pascucci Professor of Practice in Learning Differences, Harvard University
- To provide district leadership teams with essential knowledge about the transition planning process, both as a cohesive, integrated system and from the perspective of evidence-based practices in Self Determination; Transition Assessment; Career Development; Postsecondary Education and Training; and Family Engagement and Community Collaboration.
- To engage district leadership teams in a data-based planning process designed to improve postsecondary outcomes for all students with disabilities.
Leadership Team Composition:
- Team Member #1: Special Education Director, Assistant Special Education Director, or equivalent position
- Team Member #2: Special Education Teacher, Transition Coordinator, or equivalent position
- Team Members #3 & #4: Principal, Superintendent, Student with Disabilities, Parent of Student with Disabilities, Assistive Technology Specialist, General Education Teacher, Guidance Counselor, Special Education Teacher, School Committee Member, Related Service Provider, VR Counselor, Workforce Partner, Higher Education Representative, Community Partner, Human Service Agency Representative
Questions? Amanda Green, 781-338-3368, firstname.lastname@example.org