Early ID System Information and Resources
|To:||Educator Preparation Program Contacts|
|From:||Liz Losee, Assistant Director, Educator Policy, Preparation and Leadership|
|Date:||May 6, 2013|
ESE has launched a new system for recording candidates who enroll in and complete educator preparation programs. This "Early ID System" is an enhancement to the existing Educator Licensure and Recruitment (ELAR) system and allows sponsoring organizations to use Massachusetts Education Personnel Identifiers (MEPIDs) to record candidates when they enroll in a preparation program, when they complete all non-practicum coursework, and when they complete the program and are endorsed for licensure.
Tracking candidate enrollment and completion using the Early ID system will:
- Eliminate the need for sponsoring organizations to collect social security numbers by allowing organizations to record candidate enrollment and endorse candidates for licensure using MEPIDs.
- Allow ESE to pre-populate enrollment and completion information for the state annual report and Title II of the Higher Education Act.
- Allow ESE to collect additional information from candidates through surveys from enrollment through employment.
- Eliminate the need for organizations to share enrollment information with Evaluation Systems, Pearson for calculating their MTEL pass rates. ESE will be able to communicate enrollment information with Pearson directly.
- Allow ESE to report aggregate information on the employment, retention and performance of candidates who become employed in a Massachusetts public school.
To access the Early ID system, log into ELAR as you normally do and you will see five new links under administrative functions. These links will take you through the four steps of the Early ID system and allow you to search for candidates who are enrolled in the new system. Links to user guides and a frequently asked questions document for more information on using the Early ID system are located below.
To avoid delays in endorsements for licensure while organizations learn the new system, we will keep the old system for endorsing candidates available for three months. You can access the old endorsement system through the "Program Completers-Endorse Completers" link under administrative functions. The old endorsement system will no longer be available after August 1, 2013.
If you begin using the new system to endorse candidates when they complete your program, please continue to only use the new Early ID system. Using both the new and old systems for endorsement may cause problems in accurately recording candidates who complete your program.
Thank you to all the organizations that offered their thoughts and feedback on this system. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Early ID Quick Guide
Early ID User Guide
Early ID FAQ