Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System
Student Assessment Update May 20, 2013
ACCESS for ELLs Results
Schools will receive ACCESS for ELLs test results this week, and electronic test results will be posted to the security portal shortly. Information about the reporting schedule, types of reports, webinars, and where data will be posted is available at www.doe.mass.edu/mcas/access/release-schedule.html.
The Department has created a PowerPoint presentation, posted at www.doe.mass.edu/mcas/access, to help parents understand the ACCESS for ELLs Parent/Guardian Report.
Retirement of MCAS Score Request Tool
The MCAS Score Request Tool will be discontinued on June 30, 2013. Its functions are being assumed by Edwin Analytics, located in the Department's Security Portal. Please call 781-338-3625 with any questions.
PARCC Research Study
The Department would like to thank the 50 high schools that volunteered to participate in a PARCC research study in response to Commissioner Chester's May 7 invitation to superintendents and charter school leaders. The computer-based study of PARCC grade 10 reading comprehension test questions will take place between June 10 and the end of the school year. Thirty schools will be randomly selected from among the 50 that volunteered. The Department is especially pleased with the positive response given the timing of the study at the very end of the school year, and values the contribution that Commonwealth schools will make to the development of PARCC assessments.
Important Upcoming Dates
- May 23, May 28, and May 29: Webinar workshops on interpreting and using ACCESS for ELLs score reports (See www.doe.mass.edu/news/news.aspx?id=7455 for workshop times.)
- May 28: Preliminary MCAS reporting schedule posted
- June 4 and 5: High school STE (Biology, Chemistry, Introductory Physics, Technology/Engineering) test sessions
- June 18: Preliminary ELA results and 3-8 Mathematics/STE multiple-choice results are scheduled to be posted to DropBox Central; ELA Compositions posted on MCAS Service Center
About this Update
The Student Assessment Services Update provides important information about the state's testing programs. Please email your feedback to email@example.com.
Principals, heads of school, MCAS test coordinators, and ELL directors received this email based on contact information that was submitted to the Department. To change your email address, please follow the instructions below:
- Public schools: Submit updates to your District-Level Directory Administrator, who is responsible for submitting updates to the Department. A listing of Directory Administrators is posted at www.doe.mass.edu/infoservices/data/diradmin/list.aspx.
- Non-public schools and collaboratives: Submit updates (along with your District & School Code) to the Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.