Teach, Learn, Succeed
Join us for an Edwin Workshop!
The Department is hosting a workshop to showcase Edwin that will be offered five times at various locations around the state in mid-November. This interactive workshop will provide participants:
- An overview of the entire Edwin platform (both Analytics and Teaching and Learning) - including information on new features that will be released this fall
- Two hands-on sessions - one for Edwin Teaching and Learning and the other for Edwin Analytics - that will showcase the range of features and provide participants an opportunity to practice using the various tools and reports. Each session will run for 2 hours.
Participants will leave with a solid understanding of the whole Edwin system, experience using a variety of components, and tips on next steps for how to implement Edwin in your district.
See the online registration page for more agenda details. IMPORTANT: Please consult with your district and register as a team. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/286B8WY. The ESE will follow-up with additional logistical information.
What is Edwin?
Edwin is the Massachusetts teaching and learning platform first released in winter 2013. There are two parts to Edwin: Analytics and Teaching and Learning. Each contains a variety of tools and report options. The system is designed to provide educators:
- A more comprehensive view of students, teachers, schools, districts, and the state;
- Timely and actionable information that empowers educators and informs better decision making at every level
- Tools and resources that will help educators improve teaching, learning, school readiness, and education outcomes
When and where will the workshop be offered?
All sessions will take place from 9:00-3:00:
- November 13th - DCU Center, Worcester
- November 14th - Holiday Inn, Taunton
- November 18th - The Log Cabin, Holyoke
- November 20th - The Devens Center, Devens
- November 21st - DoubleTree Hotel, Danvers
Who should attend?
The workshop is designed for participation by four-person teams that would ideally include a combination of the following types of roles: district leader, school leader, data specialist, and teacher. The event is designed to accommodate participants that do not have prior knowledge of Edwin, as well as staff that have experience using parts of Edwin Analytics or Edwin Teaching and Learning. Each team should bring (2) wi-fi enabled laptops for the hands-on training sessions.