The Frameworks Search Tool covers nine academic curriculum frameworks and 44 Vocational Technical Education Frameworks. Two versions of English Language Arts and Mathematics are included to aid the transition to the Common Core Standards.
The original nine Academic Frameworks label its hierarchical structure: Framework > Strand > Topic> Standard.
The 2011 Mathematics and English Language Arts Frameworks are based on the Common Core Standards and label its hierarchical structure: Framework > Domain > Cluster> Standard.
The Vocational Technical Education Frameworks hierarchical structure is: Cluster > Framework > Strand > Topic > Standard > Objective
There are several ways to narrow (filter) searches including:
- By framework type (Academic +/or Vocational Technical)
- By framework subject
- By domain or strand
- By cluster or topic
- By grade (Vocational Technical Frameworks cover grades 9-12)
- by keyword
How to Search for Standards by Subject
- To select one or more subjects, use the dropdown menu and click the desired check boxes. Then click "Continue."
- Next click "Search."
- Scroll down to view the results.
How to Narrow a Subject Search
You can narrow (filter) your subject search by using one or more of the following criteria:
- Grade - Deselect grades you don't want to include by clearing the check boxes. (The Vocational Technical Frameworks cover grades 9-12)
- Strand/Domain - Appears only when a single subject is selected.
- Topic/Cluster - Appears only when a single subject and strand is selected.
How to Search for Standards by Keyword
Keyword search returns standards that contain your word or phrase.
- Select the "Search by Keyword" tab.
- Type a keyword or phrase.
- Click "Search" to find all of the standards that relate to your keyword(s).
How to Narrow a Keyword Search
You can narrow (filter) your keyword search by changing one or more of the following criteria:
- Framework - Select one or more Frameworks to include.
- Grade - Deselect grades you don't want to include by clearing the check boxes.
How to Refine Results
Once you have a result set, you may want to exclude one or more standards for print or export.
- From the results screen, check the boxes next to the standards you want to keep
- Click "Refine Results"
- The screen refeshes showing only your selected standards
How to Print or Export Standards
Select one of the following four formats to save, export or print your results:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel.
- HTML Print View - printable web page
- XML file