|Purpose:||This federally-funded Teen-Pregnancy Prevention: Partners for Youth Success Grant (also referred to as PREP) is intended to support districts in implementing evidence-based teen pregnancy prevention programs in middle schools.|
|Priorities:||The priority of this grant is to support the continued work of districts participating in the PREP grant with implementation of and sustainability planning for the program.|
Districts receiving these funds will ensure that:
- The curriculum has been approved for implementation during the 2018-2019 school year
- Workgroups formed within the district during the initial grant are maintained.
- All project personnel (including teachers) attend all designated required trainings sponsored by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and/or the Department of Public Health (DPH)
- All evaluation activities are completed in full.
||The following three districts, that were awarded a Fiscal Year 2018 (FY18) Fund Code (FC) 716 grant are eligible for continuation funding in FY19 to implement and plan for sustainability of programming:|
|Funding Type:||Federal CFDA 93.092|
||Applicants are eligible for the following funding levels*:
- Chelsea Public Schools: $10,000
- Salem Public Schools: $35,100
- Springfield Public Schools: $40,500
*Amounts are reflective of an annual reduction to encourage sustainability (stated in the initial RFP) and a review of spending over prior 2 years.
DESE reserves the right to alter the award to each funded school district. Funded applicants that fulfill grant requirements will be eligible for continuation grant funding for up to two additional years (FY20 – FY21), pending funding appropriation.
Note: The above entities are eligible to apply for up to $3,300 in additional funding to further enhance their program through service-learning professional development and coaching. Those seeking the enhancement option should provide the necessary information outlined in Part III - Required Program Information and include the additional funds in their budgets as follows:
- $2,500 should be budgeted for Harkins Consulting - PD in the Contractual Services (line 6) of the budget.
- The remaining $800 may be budgeted to cover teacher stipends, substitutes and travel to support participation in this enhancement.
Funding is contingent upon availability. All dollar amounts listed are estimated/approximate and are subject to change. If more funding is to become available it will be distributed under the same guideline as listed in the initial RFP document.
||Funds can be used to:
- Support release time for staff (e.g., substitutes or stipends) to attend workshops and training, meeting costs to plan and implement programs
- Purchase selected curricula and associated teaching materials, and staff training for implementation of selected curricula.
- Support other costs associated with implementing and sustaining the program.
- To hire additional personnel in order to fully implement the program, but may not be used to supplant current salaries.
|Project Duration:||Upon approval* – 6/30/2019|
*No earlier than the date a substantially approvable application is submitted through EdGrants
|Program Unit:||Office of Student and Family Support|
|Contact:|| Chiniqua N. Milligan|
|Phone Number:||(781) 338-6307|
||Friday, November 2, 2018|
Proposals must be received at the Department by 5:00 p.m. on the date due.
Applicants may submit prior to the due date if they would like an earlier start date.
Part I — General — Program Unit Signature Page — (Standard Contract Form and Application for Program Grants)
Budget (submitted online through EdGrants
Part III — Required Program Information (complete and upload Word Document)
Grant Assurances (complete and upload with signatures as PDF)
Teacher Assurances — (complete and upload with signatures as PDF)**
Teacher Assurances — Current and Returning
Teacher Assurances — New Teachers
** Applicants should include any completed Teacher Assurances available at the time of submission in one PDF. Any remaining Teacher Assurances must be signed and emailed to prior to the teacher implementing the curriculum. firstname.lastname@example.org
|Additional Information:||A TA/Observation planning log must be submitted for each participating teacher prior to curriculum implementation. This form will be provided upon award.|
||Submit all required grant materials through EdGrants.|
In EdGrants, districts are required to create and name the project. Please use the following naming convention for your "Applicant Project Name" in EdGrants:
FY19 FC716 Student and Family Support [Applicant Name]
All items listed under the required forms section of this RFP should be uploaded / attached in the Attachments List formlet of the Application Submission in EdGrants. This includes a signed / scanned PDF of Part I / Coversheet with Superintendent's signature as well as Schedule A form, if applicable to your district. The final budget the applicant is requesting will be entered directly into EdGrants as part of the application submission process.