Education Laws and Regulations
603 CMR 10.00:
|10.01: ||Authority, Scope and Purpose|
|10.03:||Accounting and Reporting: School Districts|
|10.04:||Financial Accounting and Reporting: Other Municipal Departments|
|10.06:||Annual School Spending Requirements|
|10.07:||Special Education Payments and Reimbursements|
|10.08:||Transportation Reimbursement, Resident Students|
|10.09:||Transportation Reimbursement, School Choice, Homeless and Charter School Students|
|View All Sections|
10.08: Transportation Reimbursement, Resident Students
(1) To qualify for receipt of state funds appropriated to reimburse school districts and municipalities for costs incurred in transporting public and private school students residing in the school district to and from school, school districts and municipalities shall maintain and report to the Department the transportation-related student and financial information specified in, and shall calculate transportation costs in accordance with, guidelines published by the Department.
(2) School districts and municipalities shall submit all transportation reimbursement claims to the Department within the time frame set by the Department for the submission of such claims. Claims shall be filed in a form, and shall contain the student and financial information, prescribed by the Department. Claims which are filed after the filing deadline established by the Department or which do not contain the required information may be denied.
(3) Subject to appropriation, school districts and municipalities that meet the requirements set forth in 603 CMR 10.10(2) may receive reimbursement for the following categories of student transportation services:
- (a) Costs incurred in providing transportation to and from school once daily to public and non-public school students who reside in the district, live at least one and one-half miles from their assigned school, and are enrolled for full time attendance in a pre-school through grade 12 educational program at a school located within the boundaries of the district. M.G.L. c. 71, §§ 7A, 7B and 16C; c. 71A, § 8.
- (b) Costs incurred in providing transportation to students enrolled for full time attendance in preschool through grade 12 educational programs operated by a school district who are transported to and from an assigned school within the district to reduce or eliminate racial imbalance and racial isolation in accordance with M.G.L. c. 15, § 1I and c. 71, § 37D.
- (c) Costs incurred in providing specialized transportation service provided to meet the special transportation service needs specified in a student's individual education plan (IEP).
- (d) Costs incurred in transporting a resident student to and from an approved vocational school in another school district, in accordance with M.G.L. c. 74, § 8A.