Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System
WIDA Available Resources
Standards, Professional Development, and ACCESS for ELLs Information
- Go to World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment(WIDA) website.
- Click on the appropriate tab at the top of the web page for specific information on standards, professional development, and ACCESS for ELLs information
W-APT Screener/Placement Test to Identify, Screen, and Place New ELL Students
The W-APT (WIDA ACCESS Placement Test) is a free and optional test designed for two purposes:
- to identify and place incoming ELL students
- to identify the appropriate ACCESS for ELLs testing tier to administer to an ELL student
The W-APT is aligned with the state's new WIDA standards. W-APT materials are available free of charge, including Kindergarten and grade spans 1-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12 W-APT test forms, W-APT score calculator, Kindergarten Manual, Grades 1-12 Test Administration Manual, Scored Student Writing Samples, and test administrator training webinars (password required).
Go to WIDA-ACCESS Placement Test(W-APT) website. Log in using your district's W-APT user name and password (sent to district ELL directors in July 2012).
- View the following pre-recorded webinars prior to administering the W-APT test.
- W-APT General Overview Webinar (9 minutes)
- W-APT Speaking & Writing Tests Webinar (16 minutes)
- W-APT Kindergarten Test Webinar (19 minutes)
Download the appropriate grade W-APT test for the student being tested.
The WIDA Download Library
Go to World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment(WIDA) website.
Click "Download Library" located above the blue menu bar in the upper right-hand corner.
The WIDA Download Library offers resources and materials for ELL educators, including standards, guiding principles, sample items, and CAN DO descriptors.
Note: Login information to view ACCESS for ELLs test administrator training materials will be sent to districts in October.
Massachusetts Web Page on the WIDA Website
The Massachusetts web page on the WIDA website, provides information about WIDA in Massachusetts. It contains contact information, test administration dates and policies, professional development opportunities, and training and certification information for prospective ACCESS for ELLs test administrators.