Student Assessment Update: April 27, 2015- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System
Student Assessment Update: April 27, 2015
ACCESS for ELLs Demographic Data Correction Window
Between April 29 and May 5, principals should log on to a Demographic Data Validation site to correct any discrepancies in their ACCESS for ELLs student data. To complete this task, on April 28 principals will receive two emails from MetriTech: one with a user name and instructions, and another with the school's password.
Google Chrome Updates Affecting PARCC TestNav
PARCC has released guidance on a fix for the Google Chrome web browser. Google has phased out support for the Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface (NPAPI). As a result, the latest updates to the Chrome browser will automatically disable NPAPI plugins needed to run TestNav. Please note that this does not affect Chromebooks. PARCC's guidance provides instructions for manually enabling the Java plugin.
PARCC End-of-Year Administration Data
Before you perform any tasks in PearsonAccessNext, please make sure that you are in the correct administration by selecting PARCC Op Spring EOY 2015 in the top right corner after you sign in. At this time, all data from PBA has been rolled over into EOY. Updated EOY data includes student registration, PNP information, and session names. Please verify your information and make any changes in the EOY administration.
Note on Spanish Tests for PARCC
The only PARCC tests available in Spanish for Massachusetts schools are high school mathematics tests. Do not order any other Spanish PARCC tests.
Additional Materials Orders for PARCC End-of-Year Administration
The Additional Materials Order window for EOY is now open. Place your orders through PearsonAccessNext and make sure to approve them at the school level. Please remember that it typically takes about five business days for orders to be delivered to the school.
When placing an additional order for a school or district, there are specific materials that need to be ordered along with the test materials. Those materials include:
- Math Reference Sheets (1 per student)
- Paper Bands (1 per 10 students)
- Header Sheets (1 per grade/subject)
- Scorable Return Labels (1 per 10 students)
- Nonscorable Return Labels (1 per 25 students)
- UPS Return Labels (Scorable and Nonscorable) (1 per 25 students)
Please note that you must have one Pearson EOY scorable or nonscorable label and one UPS scorable or nonscorable label per box. We request that you verify your additional material order needs and place orders as soon as possible.
PARCC ELA/L PBA Task Tryout
PARCC is seeking classes in elementary and middle schools for a small-scale tryout of English Language Arts/Literacy tasks for the PBA component. The tryouts will be computer-based, and each task will last approximately 60–90 minutes, depending on the grade level.
Schools may administer this tryout anytime between May 11 and June 12, 2015. If you are interested in participating, please complete this survey. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Important Upcoming Dates
- April 27: Schools receive Mathematics and STE test materials for grades 3–8
- April 27–April 30: Schools with grades 3–8 complete the PCPA, report packing discrepancies, and order additional materials if necessary
- April 28: High schools receive Mathematics test materials for grade 10
- April 28–May 8: High schools complete the PCPA, report packing discrepancies, and order additional materials if necessary
- May 1: Deadline for submitting individualized STE reference sheets for high school students with disabilities using accommodation 20
- May 4: Parent/Guardian Reports for February Biology and March retest delivered to school districts
- May 4–26: Mathematics test sessions for grades 3–8
- May 5–26: Science and Technology/Engineering test sessions for grades 5 and 8
- May 12 and 13: Mathematics test sessions for grade 10 for schools on the regular schedule
- May 19 and 20: Mathematics test sessions for grade 10 for schools on the alternate schedule
PARCC End-of-Year (EOY) Assessment
- April 27: Proctor caching available for EOY online testing
- Week of April 27: Schools receive EOY initial shipment of materials
- April 27: Additional Materials Order window opens for EOY administration
- May 4–June 5: Administration window for the computer-based EOY test
- May 11–May 29: Administration window for the paper-based EOY test
Principals, MCAS test coordinators, PARCC test coordinators, special education directors, and ELL directors receive this update based on contact information submitted to the Department. To change your email address or to add another staff member, please follow the instructions below:
- Public school districts, public schools, charter public schools, collaboratives, approved private special education schools: submit the new email address to your District-Level Directory Administrator.
- Test sites, adult education programs, out-of-state schools, SEIS-DYS programs: submit an email address (along with your District and School Code) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to this Update, PARCC districts may find the biweekly PARCC bulletins to be useful.
We welcome your feedback at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.