Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System
Student Assessment Update: April 8, 2013
MCAS ELA Test Administration Schedule
As a reminder, make-up testing for students with extraordinary circumstances (i.e., students not able to participate in regularly scheduled sessions or make-up sessions) may be completed today, April 8. April 8 is also the deadline for principals to complete the PCPA and to schedule their UPS pickup of ELA test materials (April 9 is the deadline for pickup).
Mathematics Reference Sheets for Spring 2013
The Mathematics reference sheets given to student in grades 5-8 and 10 during MCAS testing are not changing in spring 2013. The reference sheets distributed with testing materials for the May 2013 MCAS administration will be identical to the reference sheets distributed in 2012.
February Biology Test Item Analysis
The February 2013 Biology Test Item Analysis, showing how schools, districts, and the state performed on individual test items, is available at www.doe.mass.edu/mcas/results.html. Students included in the analysis are first-time STE test takers.
March Retest Results
High schools and districts will be able to access their March retest results in English Language Arts and Mathematics through Drop Box Central beginning on April 12. (Note that this date was incorrect in the last SAS Update.) Parent/Guardian Reports for the March Retests will arrive in districts on May 6. The retest results schedule is posted at www.doe.mass.edu/news/news.aspx?id=7341.
Release of ACCESS for ELLs Test Results
The ACCESS for ELLs reporting schedule has been updated to reflect the extended test administration window due to storm-related closings. The updated reporting schedule is posted at http://www.doe.mass.edu/news/news.aspx?id=7358. Please note that, between April 22 and 26, schools will have the opportunity to verify and update, if necessary, the name, SASID, date of birth, grade, and "Not Tested" reason for any English language learner who took the ACCESS for ELLs test last January and February. Principals will be notified of the logon procedure by email shortly before April 22.
Important Upcoming Dates
- April 9: Deadline for UPS pickup of ELA test materials
- April 12: March retest results available electronically
- April 22: Schools receive grades 3-8 Mathematics and STE test materials.
- April 29: High schools receive grade 10 Mathematics test materials.
- April 22-26: Schools review and correct demographic data discrepancies electronically for students who took the ACCESS for ELLs test.
About this Update
The Student Assessment Services Update provides important information about the state's testing programs. Please email your feedback to email@example.com.
Principals, heads of school, MCAS test coordinators, and ELL directors received this email based on contact information that was submitted to the Department. To change your email address, please follow the instructions below:
- Public schools: Submit updates to your District-Level Directory Administrator, who is responsible for submitting updates to the Department. A listing of Directory Administrators is posted at www.doe.mass.edu/infoservices/data/diradmin/list.aspx.
- Non-public schools and collaboratives: Submit updates (along with your District & School Code) to the Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.