Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System
Student Assessment Update: April 28, 2014
MCAS Test Administration Resources Available
In preparation for the May-June MCAS tests, we want to inform you about the availability of a number of resources.
Feel free to contact the MCAS Service Center at 800-737-5103 with questions about test administration, and the Department's Student Assessment Services Unit at 781-338-3625 with policy questions.
Release of ACCESS for ELLs Test Results
Print copies of ACCESS for ELLs test results are scheduled to arrive in schools on or about May 19. Additional information about the printed reports, including interpretive materials and parent/guardian support materials, as well as instructions for accessing the electronic versions of test results, is available at ACCESS for ELLs Assessment Update: Release of 2014 ACCESS for ELLs Results.
School and District Feedback Survey for PARCC Field Test
PARCC created a survey that school and district leaders may use to submit additional feedback on the PARCC Performance-Based Assessment (PBA) and End-of-Year (EOY) Assessment. PARCC will use information gathered through this survey to improve test administration policies and protocols. District/school test coordinators and technology coordinators are encouraged to fill out this survey after their field test administration (PBA or EOY) but no later than June 13, 2014, at PARCC field test feedback. Staff of district/schools participating in both the PBA and the EOY may choose to give feedback through separate survey responses (i.e., one response after the PBA and one response after the EOY) or through a combined survey response.
Please note that test administrators may submit feedback through the Test Administrator Survey.
Important Upcoming Dates
- April 28: Schools receive Mathematics and STE test materials for grades 3-8
- April 28-May 1: Schools with grades 3-8 complete the PCPA, report packing discrepancies, and order additional materials if necessary
- April 29: High schools receive Mathematics test materials for grade 10
- April 29-May 9: High schools complete the PCPA, report packing discrepancies, and order additional materials if necessary
- May 1: Parent/Guardian Reports for February Biology test and March retest delivered to school districts
- May 2: Deadline for submitting individualized STE reference sheets for high school students with disabilities using accommodation 20
- May 5-20: Mathematics test sessions for grades 3-8
- May 6-20: Science and Technology/Engineering test sessions for grades 5 and 8
- May 13 and 14: Mathematics test sessions for grade 10
PARCC End-of-Year (EOY) Assessment
- Week of April 28: Schools receive EOY paper test materials and order additional materials if necessary
- Now Open: EOY test session setup window-recommended completion date is May 9
- April 30: Proctor Caching available for online testing
- May 5-June 6: Administration window for the EOY test
About This Update
The Student Assessment Update provides important information about the state's testing programs. The update is scheduled to be distributed to schools on a bimonthly basis (less frequently in the summer). We welcome your feedback at email@example.com.
Principals, MCAS test coordinators, and ELL directors receive this update via email based on contact information that your school submitted to the Department. To change your email address or to add another staff member, please follow the instructions below:
- Public school districts, public schools, charter public schools, collaboratives, approved special education schools: Submit the new email address to your District-Level Directory Administrator, who is responsible for submitting contact information to the Department. A list of Directory Administrators is posted.
- MCAS test sites, adult education programs, out-of-state schools, SEIS-DYS programs: Submit an email address (along with your District and School Code) to the Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.