Education Laws and Regulations
603 CMR 50.00
(1) Training Requirement: Each appointed representative shall complete training provided or approved by the Department.
(2) Training Content: The training shall include a review of the open meeting law, public records law, conflict of interest law, special education law, the budgetary process, procurement, fraud prevention and awareness, and the fiduciary and management oversight responsibilities of a collaborative board of directors.
(3) Frequency of Training: Each appointed representative shall complete the required training within 60 days of initial appointment and every six years thereafter, unless otherwise required by law or regulation.
- (a) Each appointed representative shall submit to the Department a certificate(s) of completion of such required training in a form required by the Department. An appointed representative may meet one or more of the training requirements through an alternative means by providing a description of the training and a certification of completion. The Department shall determine whether such training satisfies the requirement.
- (b) Failure of an appointed representative to attend the mandated training in the time frame set forth in 603 CMR 50.05(3) and 50.12(3) may result in the collaborative being placed on probationary status in accordance with 603 CMR 50.10.
- (c) The Department will publish notices of available training, certification requirements, criteria for approval of authorized training, and supplemental materials.
M.G.L. c. 69, §1B, and M.G.L. c. 40, § 4E