Education Laws and Regulations
603 CMR 50.00
(1) Voluntary Termination: A collaborative may dissolve the collaborative in accordance with the procedures set forth in the collaborative agreement.
(2) Termination Procedures:
- (a) The collaborative must submit the following information to the Department:
- A process for determining the appropriate disposition of federal/state funds, equipment, and supplies;
- Identification of the member district(s) responsible for maintaining all fiscal records upon termination of the collaborative;
- Identification of the member district(s) responsible for maintaining student, employee, and program records upon termination of the collaborative;
- The plans of the member districts to accommodate the programs and services formerly provided by the educational collaborative;
- A process for determining the appropriate disposition of all assets of the collaborative, including capital property owned by the educational collaborative;
- A process for meeting all liabilities of the collaborative, including obligations for post-employment benefits;
- Copies of the minutes of the meetings of the board of directors and the member districts' recording of the vote to terminate the collaborative;
- The effective date of the termination; and
- A copy of the final audit of the collaborative, including an accounting of assets and liabilities of the collaborative and the disposition of same.
- (b) The collaborative shall comply with the closing procedures established by the Department in guidelines.
M.G.L. c. 69, §1B, and M.G.L. c. 40, § 4E