603 CMR 50.00
Adopted by the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education: January 29, 2013
(1) Voluntary Termination: A collaborative may dissolve the collaborative in accordance with the procedures set forth in the collaborative agreement.
(2) Termination Procedures:
(a) The collaborative must submit the following information to the Department:
- A process for determining the appropriate disposition of federal/state funds, equipment, and supplies;
- Identification of the member district(s) responsible for maintaining all fiscal records upon termination of the collaborative;
- Identification of the member district(s) responsible for maintaining student, employee, and program records upon termination of the collaborative;
- The plans of the member districts to accommodate the programs and services formerly provided by the educational collaborative;
- A process for determining the appropriate disposition of all assets of the collaborative, including capital property owned by the educational collaborative;
- A process for meeting all liabilities of the collaborative, including obligations for post-employment benefits;
- Copies of the minutes of the meetings of the board of directors and the member districts' recording of the vote to terminate the collaborative;
- The effective date of the termination; and
- A copy of the final audit of the collaborative, including an accounting of assets and liabilities of the collaborative and the disposition of same.
(b) The collaborative shall comply with the closing procedures established by the Department in guidelines.
M.G.L. c. 69, §1B, and M.G.L. c. 40, § 4E
For an official copy of these regulations, please contact the State House Bookstore, at 617-727-2834 or visit Massachusetts State Bookstore.