Education Laws and Regulations
603 CMR 44.00:
Educator License Renewal
|44.01: ||Purpose and Authority|
|44.04:||Approval of Professional Development Plans|
|44.05:||Provisions Applicable to Licenses Renewed Before July 1, 2016|
|44.06:||Provisions Applicable to Licenses Renewed On or After July 1, 2016|
|44.09:||Documentation and Recordkeeping|
|44.11:||Failure to Satisfy Renewal Requirements|
|44.12:||Hardship Waiver or Modification|
|View All Sections|
44.09: Documentation and Recordkeeping
(1) Each educator shall maintain the following materials to verify completion of license renewal requirements:
- (a) an individual professional development plan, which has been approved by the educator's supervisor if required by 603 CMR 44.04(3), to be achieved over the five year period, that includes the educator's goals for strengthening content area knowledge and professional skills and for remaining current in other professional issues, and resulting in improvements in teaching; and
- (b) reasonable documentation which validates the completion of an activity and the number of points accrued; and
- (c) a record of completed license renewal activities, which at a minimum shall include the topic and type of professional activities completed, the dates of such activities, and the number of points completed.
(2) The educator shall maintain the documentation, record log, professional development plan, and application for five years from the date of the renewal of the license. For those educators who are applying professional development points earned by completing a Department- approved SEI endorsement course of study in more than one renewal cycle, as outlined in Department guidelines, all renewal documentation must be maintained for ten years from the date of the renewal of the license.
(3) All documentation is subject to audit by the Department and review by an educator's supervisor, and must be provided to the Department upon request.
603 CMR 44.00: M.G.L. c. 71, §38G