Kaleidoscope Collective for Learning
"Across the Commonwealth, I have seen examples of powerful teaching and rigorous Deeper Learning, where students are highly engaged in substantive tasks, thinking critically and creatively, and working collaboratively… We must work together to ensure these types of engaging Deeper Learning experiences are accessible to all students."
—Commissioner Jeffrey C. Riley, "Our Way Forward "
Learn About the Pilot Program
The Kaleidoscope Collective is a pilot program created to nurture Deeper Learning in Massachusetts public schools. The pilot's first cohort began in January 2020 and will run until June 2021. The 15-month professional learning experience will give schools the chance to rethink and redesign classroom instruction around Deeper Learning.
Nearly 500 schools, districts, and collaboratives expressed early interest in the pilot program, and 21 schools were selected for the inaugural cohort. These schools had already begun innovative work involving Deeper Learning and were eager to build upon that work. The cohort includes schools of varying types, grade spans, and geographical areas.
The schools participating in the inaugural cohort of the Kaleidoscope Collective for Learning are:
- Academy of the Pacific Rim Charter Public School (Boston)
- Andover: Andover High School and High Plain Elementary School
- Berkshire Hills Regional: W.E.B. Du Bois Middle School (Great Barrington)
- Boston: Eliot K-8 Innovation School and TechBoston Academy
- Essex North Shore Agricultural & Technical School District (Danvers)
- Fitchburg: South Street School
- Lawrence: ENLACE Academy at Lawrence High School and UP Academy Leonard
- Lincoln: K-4 Lincoln School
- Mendon-Upton Regional: Nipmuc Regional High School (Upton)
- Monomoy Regional: Chatham Elementary School
- Nauset: Orleans Elementary School
- North Attleborough: Amvet Boulevard School and North Attleborough Middle School
- Randolph: Randolph Community Middle School
- Revere: Abraham Lincoln Elementary School and Rumney Marsh Academy
- Springfield: Chestnut Talented and Gifted Middle School and Mary M. Walsh Elementary School
Last Updated: September 15, 2020