Massachusetts Distinguished Educator Recognition
The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education recognizes distinguished teachers and principals throughout the Commonwealth through DESE's Distinguished Educator Recognition Program. Now more than ever, we want to hear about the local heroes who are serving the students in your school or district. The Department may consider these educators for advisory boards, task forces, and special recognition programs.
This year, we are gathering information about distinguished sixth- through twelfth-grade educators in Massachusetts. We invite you to recommend distinguished, early- to mid-career secondary classroom teachers, specialists, and/or principals who have demonstrated all of the following:
- Exceptional educational talent as evidenced by effective and innovative instructional practices that promote deeper learning;
- Exemplary educational accomplishments and leadership beyond the classroom that provide models of excellence for the profession;
- Contributions to education that are largely unheralded yet worthy of the spotlight;
- Strong long-range potential for professional and policy leadership; and
- An engaging and inspiring presence that motivates and impacts students, colleagues, and the community.
We look forward to hearing about the distinguished educators in your school and district! Please submit your recommendation by Friday, April 16.
Please direct any questions about the Distinguished Educator Recognition Program to . email@example.com
Last Updated: February 22, 2021