Most recently amended by the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education: June 26, 2018
(1) Educators applying to renew a Primary license are required to complete at least 150 PDPs including:
(a) At least 15 PDPs related to SEI, English as a Second Language, or Bilingual Education.
(b) At least 15 PDPs related to training in strategies for effective schooling for students with disabilities and instruction of students with diverse learning styles.
(c) At least 15 PDPs in the content area of the license.
(d) At least 15 PDPs in pedagogy.
(2) A minimum of 10 PDPs must be earned in a topic to count the PDPs toward license renewal.
(3) Professional development plans must include an additional 30 PDPs for each license that an educator renews in addition to the Primary License, with at least 15 PDPs in the content area(s) of any additional license(s) to be renewed.
(4) Additional requirements for the teacher of the deaf and hard of hearing (American Sign Language/Total Communication) license: a passing score on a test of sign language proficiency approved by the Department.
(5) Additional requirements for the school nursing and speech, language, and hearing disorders teacher licenses: possession of the relevant registered nurse or speech language pathologist license in good standing.
603 CMR 44.00: M.G.L. c. 71, §38G
Disclaimer: For an official copy of these regulations, please contact the State House Bookstore, at 617-727-2834 or visit Massachusetts State Bookstore.
Last Updated: July 23, 2018
Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street, Malden, MA 02148-4906
Voice: (781) 338-3000
TTY: (800) 439-2370
Disclaimer: A reference in this website to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.