Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Logo
Office of Educator Licensure

Foreign Degree and Credit Equivalency Report Requirements

Licensure applicants seeking licensure on the basis of foreign (non-U.S.) coursework and/or diplomas must provide the Office of Educator Licensure with a detailed equivalency report or course-by-course evaluation of any college-level credit completed.

Completed official reports need to include language determining the U.S. equivalency of the education you obtained outside of the United States. Reports submitted in support of the verification of a bachelor's degree must verify that you have the equivalent of a bachelor's degree earned in the United States through a regionally accredited college/university.

Independent evaluations must be made by a nationally recognized agency listed below or an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Credentials Evaluations Provided by NACES Members

Center for Educational Documentation
PO Box 170116
Boston, MA 02117

Evaluation Services, Inc.
333 W. North Avenue, #284
Chicago, IL 60610

Applicants can upload completed reports into their ELAR account once they have applied and paid for an educator license.

Last Updated: March 6, 2023

Contact Us

Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
135 Santilli Highway, Everett, MA 02149

Voice: (781) 338-3000
TTY: (800) 439-2370


Disclaimer: A reference in this website to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.