Part I Cover/Signature Page
Document 1 — Statement of Assurances
Document 2 — Class plan and Budget Workbook Excel 2016
Grantees must submit a revised class plan that reflects the number of ABE and ESOL funded seats and the type of classes noted in funding award letter (if noted).
- Each IET and IELCE option must have its own budget narrative.
- These narratives must clearly identify the funds that will be used to support the technical training activities (please specify training dollars by selecting IET/IELCE training in "Select a Primary Function" list).
- Training expenses are: Workforce training instruction (line 1 and/or line 6) and related fringe (line 5), Workforce training supplies (e.g. rubber gloves, raw materials, scrubs, tape measures) (line 7).
- Other cost (line 9) include: Space used for Workforce training (e.g. clinical areas, shops, labs), insurance, equipment maintenance, subscriptions (e.g. MasterCAM, TollU-Online)
- Grantees must complete separate budget for each subcontractor
Document 3 — GEPA Statement
In order to meet the requirements of Section 427 of the General Education Provisions Act (GEPA)
, all adult education grantees must complete and submit a GEPA statement using this form in order to receive funding in FY19.
GEPA requires that each local provider funded by US Department of Education or Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education stipulate how they will ensure equitable participation in their programs. It is not meant to be a duplicate of the civil rights statement, but instead to offer the efforts the provider will make to ensure that barriers to participation by students, teachers and others will be removed to allow participation. Six statutory barriers are listed: gender, race, national origin, color, disability, or age. Based on local circumstances, you should determine whether these or other barriers may prevent your students, teachers, etc. from such access or participation in your adult education program. The description in the GEPA form of steps to be taken to overcome these barriers need not be lengthy; you may provide a clear and succinct description of how you plan to address those barriers that are applicable to your circumstances. In addition, the information may be provided in a single narrative.
Examples of statement can be found at Grant Experts: GEPA Examples
and within the GEPA notice
Document 4 — Schedule B
Schedule A — Consolidated Assignment Schedule — Field may be used for future amendment documents