The Executive Office of Education (EOE), in conjunction with the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) and the Department Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) are releasing $6M in grant funds in order to assist local education agencies (LEAs) and approved remote learning providers in certain communities coordinate in the implementation of developmentally appropriate practices for young learners (pre-kindergarten through grade 3) whose schools who were in hybrid or fully remote schedules as of January 19, 2021.
These targeted grants are intended to support coordination activities for the remainder of school year 2020-2021, summer 2021 and school year 2021-2022.
Eligible entities are those who responded to the COMM-BUYS EOE BID# BD-EDU01-EDU01-58525
- Funding Type:
Federal GEER I funding
Approximately $6M will be awarded with individual grant applicant awards ranging from $100,000 to $500,000.
Funding amounts will be based on scope of partnership, number of children served, and proposed activities. Funding must be allocated in a way that benefits all organizations in the partnership in better meeting the needs of remote learners.
Funding is contingent upon availability. All dollar amounts listed are estimated/approximate and are subject to change. If more funding becomes available it will be distributed under the same guidelines that appear in this RFP document.
- Fund Use:
- Joint professional development for teachers and remote learning providers;
- Curricula to be accessed and utilized at both school and remote learning sites, with necessary accompanying professional development;
- Planning and implementation of coordinated summer learning sites, with focus on supporting social-emotional well-being and academics to assist young learners with any learning loss issues and preparing for school year 2021-2022;
- Support to assess family needs and/or continued support for communication and coordination with families;
- Materials for remote learners to engage in asynchronous learning activities related to their instructional time;
- Logistics support, including meal delivery from school sites to remote learning providers; and
- Planning and implementation of coordinated school schedules and before- and after-school programs for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Project Duration:
Upon Approval – June 30, 2021 (Year 1)*
Upon Approval – June 30, 2022 (Year 2)
*Applicants will have to re-apply for Year 2 funds in EdGrants sometime in May/June 2021. Applicants will be notified by the program contacts when the FY2022 funding opportunity is available for grant submission in EdGrants.
- Program Unit:
EOE / DESE / EEC
(EOE) Blair Brown
(DESE) Donna Traynham
- Date Due:
Selected awardees of EOE Bid # EOE BID# BD-EDU01-EDU01-58525 should submit their FY2021 grant application budgets by May 5, 2021.
- Required Forms:
Part I — General — Program Unit Signature Page — (Standard Contract Form and Application for Program Grants)
GEER Funding Fact Sheet
Pre-K through Grade 3 Remote Learning Partnership Grants FAQ
Submit all required grant materials through EdGrants
In EdGrants, applicants are required to create and name the project. Please use the following naming convention for your "Applicant Project Name" in EdGrants:
FY21 526 Applicant Name
All items listed under the required forms section of this RFP should be uploaded / attached in the Attachments List formlet of the Application Submission in EdGrants. This includes a signed / scanned PDF of Part I / Coversheet with Superintendent's signature as well as Schedule A form, if applicable to your agency. The final budget the applicant is requesting will be entered directly into EdGrants as part of the application submission process.
For Guidance Documents regarding EdGrants, visit EdGrants: User Guides and Information.
Please note: It is up to the district to determine who they want to add as EdGrants Front Office users in order to submit grant application as well as payment request information. Please review the EdGrants: User Security Controls to make informed decisions regarding assigning your district level users.